Our certificate programs are delivered in a livestream, online format.
Tuesdays, 9am – 11:30am EST.
Winter 2023: January 10, 17, 24, 31, February 7.
Spring 2023: May 9, 16, 23, 30, June 6.
Summer 2023: July 25, August 1, 8, 15, 22.
Fall 2023: October 10, 17, 24, 31, Nov 7.
- To earn this certificate, you must complete the 5 modules and associated course requirements.
- 2.1 CEUs
Session #1 – Negotiating Boundaries and Clarifying Job Expectations
- Setting expectations up front;
- Clarifying job roles and responsibilities;
- Learning to observe behaviors amongst your team;
- Communicating feedback objectively;
- Building trust through emotional intelligence and active listening.
Session #2 – Multi-Channel Interpersonal Communications
- Understanding the dynamics of communication today;
- Establishing protocols and defining boundaries up front;
- Building trust and giving people the benefit of the doubt;
- Using emotional intelligence to resolve misunderstandings;
- Understanding when to avoid digital communications to resolve conflict.
Session #3 – Managing Your Day-to-Day Productively
- Establishing protocols proactively that provide a framework for managing your day-to-day workload;
- Taking a 12-month view of your workload and planning for long term;
- Developing a culture of trust with your team;
- Building Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to proactively provide work structure and an operating baseline;
- Evaluating events against business objectives and SOPs;
- Understanding Covey's circle of influence/circle of concern theory.
Session #4 – Building Productive Relationships
- Establishing a positive tone with a new team;
- Developing strong networks – operational, social, and strategic;
- Maximizing your capabilities through goal setting and seeking constructive feedback;
- Learning to ask for help and provide help to others when it is needed;
- Developing good "stakeholder" management skills;
- Creating opportunities for peer-to-peer mentoring.
Session #5 – Navigating Difficulties and Managing Disruptions
- Practicing proactive approaches to minimize conflict;
- Addressing an issue while it is small and manageable;
- Learning to give others the benefit of the doubt;
- Having difficult conversations; what to do about colleagues who are not performing to expectations;
- Exploring ways, you can turn a negative situation into a positive business outcome.