Our certificate programs are delivered in a livestream, online format.
Wednesdays, 9am – 11:30am EST.
Winter 2023: January 11, 18, 25, February 1, 8.
Spring 2023: May 10, 17, 24, 31, June 7.
Summer 2023: July 26, August 2, 9, 16, 23.
Fall 2023: October 11, 18, 25, November 1, 8.
- To earn this certificate, you must complete the 5 modules and associated course requirements.
- 2.1 CEUs
Session #1: Leading Teams in Today's Dispersed Global Workplace
- Creating an operating structure for remote work collaboration;
- Identifying expectations related to job roles for team member accountability;
- Crafting your role as a dispersed team leader – become mission control;
- Evaluating performance based on observation;
- Delivering honest, productive performance feedback;
- Creating team engagement in dispersed teams;
- Driving team productivity in dispersed teams.
Session #2: Strategic/Critical Thinking to Drive Business Results in Distributed and/or Remote Teams
- Understanding the difference between strategic thinking and tactical execution;
- Learning best practices for aligning strategic plans with business objectives;
- Creating executable tactics that advance the strategic plan;
- Communicating plan requirements to key stakeholders;
- Evaluating plan execution and re-directing as necessary;
- Engaging in proactive resource allocation and accurate budget development;
- Holding employees accountable to plan requirements;
- Communicating plan progress and benchmark achievements to senior management.
Session #3: Leading as a Coach to Build Team Productivity, Engagement, and Accountability in Remote and/or Dispersed Teams
- Establishing a positive tone with a new team;
- Developing your team to achieve their potential;
- Maximizing your team's capabilities through goal setting and constructive feedback;
- Delivering motivating performance reviews;
- Setting stretch goals using SMART techniques;
- Creating opportunities for peer-to-peer mentoring;
- Exploring ways, you can turn a negative situation into a positive business outcome.
Session #4: Managing Interpersonal Interactions Through Influence and Negotiation Online
- Establishing protocols proactively that provide a framework for addressing issues early;
- Building an open team structure that values feedback;
- Developing a culture of trust with your team;
- Leading with compassion;
- Understanding Covey's circle of influence/circle of concern theory.
Session #5: Remote Executive Presence and Building Visibility When You Aren't in the Room
- Developing your plan for building team visibility for yourself and your team
- Reviewing the indicators of power within an organization;
- Understanding the power of a strategic network to influence an outcome;
- Understanding the role of mentors and advocates in career advancement – for yourself and your team;
- Identifying the key steps needed to create an effective powerbase of your own;
- Exploring ways you can turn a negative situation into a positive business outcome.