1. Use of Site
Our courses and site are hosted by Thinkific Labs Inc. (“Thinkific”). Thinkific provides Sophaya with the online course creation platform that allow Sophaya to sell our product/services to you. Your data is stored through Thinkific’s data storage, databases and the general Thinkific application. Thinkific stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
2. Payment, Cancellation and Refunds
We take security seriously. If you make a purchase on our site, we use a third-party payment processor to enable financial transactions securely. Payments are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site and related courses and its service providers.
If we cancel any open enrollment program, course, or session due to technical difficulty or internet/power outage, a make-up session will be arranged. The details will be communicated to all participants promptly.If the instructor or any of the guest speakers cancel, we will provide an alternate instructor for that session on the day it is scheduled.
Refunds for Sophaya and the Remote Nation Institute's custom eLearning programs, online/Livestream courses and programs, and professional certification programs:
- 100% fee refund within 14 calendar days of paid registration, for any Sophaya or Remote Nation Institute open enrollment online/livestream courses/programs when the student has not logged into their enrolled program. NOTE: paid registration and login are two different activities – registration is an email notification, login requires action on the part of the registrant to electronically sign into our online learning platform.
- There is no refund after a student logs into the online/livestream course/program and has accessed the materials. On a case-by-case basis and at Sophaya's discretion, the student has an opportunity to negotiate with Sophaya to put access 'on hold' and start again later, within 1 year of purchase of the course/program, for extenuating circumstances that prevent the student from beginning and completing their course or program. To inquire about placing your registered course on hold, please contact the program administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For custom eLearning programs, Sophaya will refund at 100% once a contract is signed if course development work has not started. Once course development work is underway, Sophaya will refund up to 50% depending on stage of project development. NOTE: Client is fully responsible for any expenses incurred because of the project requirements e.g. pre-paid services e.g. video editing/ course design/curriculum customization or room rentals, equipment rentals, travel expenses already purchased (plane tickets, non-refundable hotel rooms, etc.).
3. User Warranty
As a User you warrant that you are not an agent or employee of any other remote worker training company and the Site and Materials solely for the purpose of increasing your professional skills and ability.
4. Trademark and Copyright
Sophaya and certain other brands identifiers, trademarks, and service marks are marks of Sophaya and the Remote Nation Institute and its affiliates. The Materials on this Site are copyrighted, and any unauthorized use of any Materials on this Site may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
Links to external websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. Sophaya has not reviewed all of these external websites, does not control and is not responsible for the safety or security of any of these sites or their content. If you decide to access any of the external websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
6. No Warranty
The Materials provided at this site are provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. Sophaya further does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the Materials at this Site. Sophaya may make changes to the Materials at this Site, or to the services and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The Materials at this Site may be out of date, and Sophaya makes no commitment to update the Materials at this Site.
7. Limitation of Liability
At no time will Sophaya, its suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this Site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lower test scores, interruption of services or inaccurate information) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of the use of this Site, any websites liked to this Site, or the Materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. If your use of the Materials or information from this Site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume all costs thereof.
8. Applicable Law
9. Effective Date and Updates
The Terms are effective as of March 22nd, 2021 and are subject to change without notice by at any time. Please check for changes regularly. Your use of this Site after such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.